Poll: Next Union Platform client framework?

All Union Platform questions, comments, feature requests, and bug reports.

Which client framework would you like added to Union Platform?

Java
14%
C#
27%
Objective C
14%
PHP
23%
Ruby
No votes
Haxe
14%
Python
5%
Lua
5%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 22

Re: Poll: Next Union Platform client framework?

Postby brtucker » Tue 11 Dec 2012 15:47

I voted for both Java (Android) and Objective-C (iOS) clients. I seem to remember a minimal objective-C client mentioned in the forums a while back and also a lightweight java client (mariner.jar?)
brtucker

Postby jream » Sun 16 Dec 2012 01:27

Hey Colin,

Ive been using the Orbiter framework extensively, and I must say this system is powerful. It's quite a masterpiece. I would really love to see Union Platform grow in popularity because it offers so much. I reference the Flash API since ECMA is the same as JS, it has seriously amazing documentation. Incredible work has gone into this masterpiece. Also, the naming convention is beautiful and easy to follow.

When I started this system out I don't think I totally understood how it worked. I wanted to save everything in a MySQL database and I didn't realize I could set so many Room and Client Attributes to do most of the dirty work I needed. So at first I was creating a wrapped in PHP to easily format UPC codes over to the Union server, alas I had to do AJAX calls but I didn't mind.

For example, I could do a single initialization AJAX call to PHP, and in the PHP wrapper sends many UPC codes to create/login users, generate rooms based off MySQL if desired, set all their attributes, and I would have very little going on in the JavaScript besides a few listeners to handle the UnionServer socket and update the page. This would be more secure than allowing JS to make API calls, as a user could possible go into the console and figure it out.

Perhaps I dont totally know what Im talkin about, I am still learning :)
jream

Postby paala » Tue 02 Apr 2013 08:09

The next should be a client for Unity 3d witch is C# based.
paala

Postby camelot10 » Wed 08 May 2013 05:22

C# for unity please
camelot10

Postby frylock » Thu 17 Oct 2013 11:02

C++ would be good, that would cover both iOS (through their mixed mode support) and Android (through their equivalent of JNI), and even Windows Phone...

I'd settle for C# though as my primary concern right now is unity (which I could easily handle with a plugin though if I had C++)
frylock

Postby Cuteless » Sat 28 Dec 2013 14:42

It's simple. Lua. It's Interpreted. Platform independed. Many engines uses lua as scripting language. Basically it would cover allmost all the platforms. I'll write lua backend sometime in 2014 first half if nobody steps in.
Cuteless

Postby cripito » Thu 17 Apr 2014 13:01

Colin

i use it to create an user in the union server everytime i create an user in my backend. so the same for change passwords and delete users but i use a class i create for my own use.

i also have a class for my own use for ansi c (linux) to deliver mesgs to my air client similar to an agentserver. i can provide both is someone is interested

saul
cripito

Postby colin » Thu 19 Jun 2014 13:02

hi cripito,
if you have a union client library you'd like to contribute to the community, please send it to union@user1.net or post a link to your work (e.g., github). we'll make it available on our client libraries page.

thanks very much for posting,
colin
colin

Previous

Return to Union Platform