REACTOR: Assigning Custom Room Classes DYNAMICALLY

All Union Platform questions, comments, feature requests, and bug reports.

REACTOR: Assigning Custom Room Classes DYNAMICALLY

Postby sean » Tue 21 Aug 2012 14:44

Hi there Colin/Derek,

I am trying to use the roomClassRegistry to assign Custom Room Classes for Rooms in Reactor and the documentation says that the Custom Class must be assigned prior to observing or creating the Room.

However, I believe the way it is actually working is that you need to assign the custom class before the Room becomes known to the Room Manager! I'm almost sure this is how it works because I tried assigning a custom class upon the RoomManager.ROOM_ADDED event and upon observing the room, it was still using the standard Room class. I tested before I called RoomManager.watchForRooms() and it worked.

Is there anyway that Reactor can be improved to assign these classes dynamically? Otherwise, it forces the developer to know the ID of every single Room ahead of time and assigning these classes before watching for rooms, so this is really "bulky" and not very dynamic. What would also help is if I can assign one class based on the Room ID Qualifier so that all rooms with X Qualifier would use the same class.

Thanks in advance for your support.
sean

Re: REACTOR: Assigning Custom Room Classes DYNAMICALLY

Postby sean » Sat 18 May 2013 20:30

Any thoughts on this as well?

I know you guys must be busy but I think these features would really aid development, at least on my end...
sean

Return to Union Platform