[SOLVED] Server fails after few days

All Union Platform questions, comments, feature requests, and bug reports.

Server fails after few days  

Postby dkm000 » Thu 07 Feb 2013 17:54

I have four game applications that have been running for a number of months without change. However, when I upgraded to Union Server Rel 2.01, I started getting problems (but this could be incidental). After a number of days - anywhere between 3 to 30 days - the server will stop accepting connections. The only way to fix is to restart the server then all is good again. There are no errors in the log, but I do notice when this happens, "java.exe" blows out to about 200 meg (normally is is around 60-90meg). The host machine is a Windows virtual server and the only thing running on the server is Union. There is a consistent user base each day - max connections at peak time around 70. I am at a loss as to what to do. I did write a simple connection program using the finer grained Reactor API (ConnectionManager.connect) trapping all the events but I just get a failure error "Unable to connect on any of the ports ...".
Any suggestions would be appreciated - my users are getting very irritated.
dkm000

Re: Server fails after few days

Postby derek » Thu 14 Feb 2013 19:36

Hello dkm000,

When the memory issue occurs can you please use jmap using the "-dump" option to create a map of the memory in use and then send it to union@user1subsystems.com.

Thanks,

Derek
derek

Re: Server fails after few days

Postby colin » Fri 15 Feb 2013 15:25

solving until we get a memory dump, at which point we'll unsolve during investigation.
colin

Return to Union Platform