[SOLVED] Secure TLS

All Union Platform questions, comments, feature requests, and bug reports.

Secure TLS  

Postby Jeff » Wed 29 May 2013 11:45

I'm currently in the process of trying to upgrade the Union server that we use from unsecured to secured, and having a bit of difficulty modifying the config.xml required by the ReactorGUI version.

The server itself is now up and running using the newest version of unity, referencing the keystore on our Windows 2008 server.

However, the chat client cannot connect to the secure gateway properly, and the log shows that we're getting SSL handshake failures.

The current config.xml file reads:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
<connections>
<connection host="<host ip>" port="9100"/><!-- LOCAL staging server-->
<!--<connection host="<server ip>" port="9100"/>--><!-- LIVE -->
</connections>
<logLevel>DEBUG</logLevel>
</config>

I can't find anything in the API that would suggest how to use the secureConnect() method rather than the connect() method at this point - any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Jeff

Re: Secure TLS

Postby colin » Thu 13 Jun 2013 12:25

hi jeff,

to specify a secure connection in an external config.xml file, set the "secure" attribute for your <connection> element to true. for example:

Code: Select all
<connection host="hostNameOrIP1" port="portNumber1" type="connectionType1" senddelay="milliseconds1" secure="false"/>

you can find the preceding example under the Reactor class's loadConfig() method:
http://unionplatform.com/docs/reactor/a ... oadConfig()

colin
colin

Re: Secure TLS

Postby Jeff » Tue 18 Jun 2013 16:09

Thanks for replying Colin - I'd rather given up hope that the GUI version currently supported this, and was in the process of switching over to the standard Reactor.
Jeff

Return to Union Platform